Monday, March 1, 2010

yoga? (part 1)

When I started looking for another trip to take , I turned to Responsible Travel.The idea of being with a group, rather then by myself appealed to me, and my family, who worried about me being on my own. I actually found that being on my own wasn't scary but, it is lonely!

So, I found a trip that would take me to southern France in the Lot Valley.
It was just what I wanted, a small group, and the main

language was English! I knew no french except


for the few words I learned before I left. When I called to talk to the person in
charge, he said they were full, unless..........the other person from the US would be willing to share her double room with me. He gave me her e-mail address and we were soon talking and she finally felt comfortable with me and agreed to share her room.

Jennifer was from Boston, a professor at Harvard! She was about my age, a single mom , and had been to Paris quite a few times. Her french was quite good , so she automatically became our interpreter.

Oh, the funny thing I haven't told you yet is that this was
a yoga retreat! But, they assured me that I could come even
though I'd NEVER done yoga!

I flew into Paris and soon was on a bus headed for my hostel.I got off the bus too early , meaning I walked for blocks.I still wasn't sure where I was , but , was aided by a sweet little french mother who pointed me in the right direction. Even though this was my first time in Paris I wasn't able to enjoy it til I was able to get rid of my suitcase!

My hostel was in the Montmartre part of town, being
described as "somewhat Bohemian". The Sacre'Coeur was within walking
distance. A beautiful 19th century religious Basilica.
If you were going to see Moulin Rouge, this would be
the part of town it would be in.....(a seeder part?)

So....I arrive at my hostel and immediately get a bad feeling in my stomach.

1 comment: